There is often a lot of information to take in when you start using essential oils in your home so i thought lets break it down for you and focus on just one thing at a time.
Let’s talk about DIFFUSING
Some of you may remember the idea behind a humidifier. You know those machines that took a ton of water and released HOT steam into the room which was said to support the respiratory system and left wet dripping walls and windows in the morning. Its suggested that this humidifier actually created mold in the environment (ie bedroom) and therefore continued the cycle of issues or even worsened them
A diffuser is different and is often referred to as the safest form of use especially in your early days of experimenting with your preferred aroma blends.
Firstly it uses much less water and produces cold steam therefore is much safer should it be knocked over on a little one or the carpet.
The cold steam is an important factor when it comes to using the Essential Oils as it allows them to keep their integrity. That means to remain in in their perfect molecular state. This is why tested grade essential oils are not recommended in humidifiers or burners as this causes the essential oils to start oxidizing and can become toxic to the body.
Secondly, a diffuser provides significantly diluted and gentle release the essential oils in a micro-fine mist in the environment and they can remain there for a long period of time which is then delivered to the body through the respiratory and olfactory systems
The respiratory system then allows the essential oils to promote open and clear airways which is often used during a time of congestion or throughout the night whereas the olfactory system supports a variety of functions including emotions, behaviour, motivation and memory.
Your choice of essential oils can therefore lift your mood, ease your stress, energise your day and make your environment whatever that may be, a home, classroom, office space, smell amazing! A favourite for this include Citrus bliss Invigorating blend with a few drops of Spearmint and Frankincense
Thirdly, diffusing essential oils can also be beneficial in creating positive effects on the body as it eliminates harmful molds, viruses and bacteria from your environment as well as purifying the air and increasing oxygen. My favourite blend for this is Teatree, Lemon and Litsea
Some tips on choosing a diffuser
- purchase from a repatuable company that specialises in Essential Oils and will provide a 3, 6 or 12 month warrenty
- Make sure it has a variety of time intervals (preferably minimum of 4 hours) to allow you the options of selecting what will suit you best.
- Make sure your diffuser automatically turns off once it has run out of water
- Make sure you know the size of your space in which you would like to use your diffuser as if you purchase a small one and your space is large you may be dissapointed as the essential oils may seem to run out quicker
- Play with your essential oil blend and note them down for future reference. A general rule is 5-6 drops in a bedroom and up to 10 for a large open space
So get to know your oils and how you feel when the diffuser is on
- do you feel more relaxed?
- Do you sleep better
- do you get through your house work quicker?
- do you enjoy homework time with the kids?
- Is the afternoon rush seen more manageable?
To promote rest here is a few essential oil recommendations >> Lavender Peace restful blend, Cedarwood, Lavender, Roman chamamole, Vetiver
To promote a positive mood here is a few recommendations > Citrus Bliss, Wild orange, Peppermint, Frankincense, Ylang Ylang, Spearmint
To promote immune support and purification here is a few recommendations > On Guard Protective blend, Easy Air Respiratiory blend, Clove, Tea Tree, Eucalyptus, Lemon
Information of the Diffusers in the pictures
THE PETAL >> The Petal Diffuser is a small, convenient, and night-friendly diffuser with a far-reaching mist designed to help purify and humidify the air around you
- Substantial mist output helps purify the air
- 1, 2, and 4 hour diffuser settings
- Optional LED light
- Ultra-fine mist reaches up to 330 square feet
- Simple, 3-piece diffuser is easy and convenient to use
- Stable and light for the many spaces in your life
- RRP $78 or Wholesale $58
THE LUMO >>> The lumo diffuser features a maple wood base and several light setting options inspired by natural elements.
- Customizable output: 2 or 5 hrs continuous preset/10 hrs intermittent preset (5 min. on/5 min. off)
- Ultrasonic technology
- Seven lighting color options
- Maple wood base
- Coverage of up to 540 sq. feet
RRP $138.00 or wholesale $104